How far in advance should I order a moissanite engagement ring
The time frame for ordering a moissanite engagement ring is similar to that of a diamond engagement ring. It depends on whether you are purchasing a pre-made or custom-designed ring, as well as the availability of the specific ring you want.
If you are ordering a pre-made moissanite engagement ring, you should allow at least four weeks for delivery, although it’s best to order it as early as possible to account for any unexpected delays. If you are planning to have a custom-designed moissanite engagement ring, it’s a good idea to start the process at least six months before you plan to propose. This will allow time for consultations with the jeweller, design revisions, and production time.
As with any engagement ring, it’s important to consider your proposal timeline and order the ring in plenty of time to ensure that it arrives before the proposal date. By planning ahead and allowing for any potential delays, you can ensure that your moissanite engagement ring is ready when you need it.
- Moissanite quality: Just like with diamond engagement rings, moissanite quality can vary depending on the colour, cut, and clarity of the stone. Make sure to choose a reputable jeweller that uses high-quality moissanite in their rings to ensure that you get the best possible stone for your money.
- Price: Moissanite is generally less expensive than diamonds, but the price can still vary depending on the size and quality of the stone. Make sure to set a budget before you start shopping for a moissanite engagement ring to help narrow down your options.
- Ring setting: Consider the ring setting when ordering a moissanite engagement ring. Some settings may be more suitable for moissanite than others, so make sure to choose a setting that complements the stone and fits your partner’s style.
- Care and maintenance: Moissanite is a durable gemstone that requires minimal care and maintenance. However, it’s still important to take good care of your moissanite engagement ring to keep it looking its best. Make sure to follow the jeweller’s care instructions and get the ring inspected and cleaned regularly.
- Warranty and guarantee: When purchasing a moissanite engagement ring, make sure to check the jeweller’s warranty and guarantee policies. A reputable jeweller will typically offer a warranty that covers manufacturing defects and damage.
- Ethical sourcing: Moissanite is a lab-created gemstone, which means that it is a sustainable and ethical choice for an engagement ring. However, it’s still important to choose a jeweller that sources their moissanite ethically and responsibly.
- Matching wedding band: If you plan to purchase a matching wedding band to go with the engagement ring, consider ordering them at the same time to ensure that they match perfectly.
- Personalization: Many jewellers offer the option to personalise or customise your moissanite engagement ring, such as adding an engraving or choosing a unique setting. Consider these options to make the ring even more special and meaningful to your partner.